Monday, September 30, 2013

He's "got" this...



                           Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love and kindness---trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].   He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.   With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.
Psalm 91:14-16  AMP

“Because he has set his love upon Me…”  That’s what I heard in my spirit early this morning even before the sun had peeked out to greet the new day.  I knew that this scripture was in Psalm but was too sleepy to remember what passage it was from.  I went on with my morning routine until I was finally able to sit down and look the passage up.  I was excited when I was reminded it was from Psalm 91—one of my most favorite chapters in the bible.

I was even more excited because the night before, as I got into bed, I was praying about two upcoming business trips we were preparing for my husband to take.  One of the trips was particularly unsettling for me--India.

After reading the passage I was reminded of the following:

  • Jesus is Lord of all and that includes India! 
  • Our job is to dwell in the Secret Place (to actively pursue a personal relationship with the Lord and to stay in a place of faith, trust, and rest knowing that we are loved by our Father, God) the One Who is Almighty God (Whose Power no foe can withstand.)

  •  I will say of the Lord… What am I saying of the Lord?  Am I speaking negative, limiting things or am I speaking that He is my Refuge, My God, on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I confidently trust?

  • As we stay in a place of faith, trust and rest knowing He loves us, He is able deliver us from snares, traps and from deadly pestilence (serious sickness, disease, famine, earthquakes, calamities, sudden death by weapons of man, every trouble).

  • He will cover us with His Wings of Protection.  We are to trust and take Refuge in Him.  His Truth and His Faithfulness are a Shield and a Buckler (a large Shield protecting the whole body).

  • We are not to be afraid of terror or the evil plots of man.  We must throw fear out the window and choose to confidently trust in His love for us believing that because He loves us, nothing evil will come near us—no plague, no calamity—nothing!  Our trust is completely in Him and His love for us.

  • We are inaccessible in the Secret Place (a place of faith, trust and rest knowing we are loved by our Father, God) of the Most High because we have made Him our dwelling place.

  • He has given His angels [especial] charge over us to accompany, defend and preserve us in all our ways.  

  • We choose to love Him in response to His Love, Mercy and Grace toward us.  We love Him because He first loved us.

  • He will not forsake us, no never!  We stand in faith believing that He will never leave us for any reason.  That is a promise!

  •  He will give us not only a Life, but will give us a satisfying, long Life and show us (manifest) His Salvation.  This becomes even more exciting when we realize that Salvation is not just the state of being “saved” and going to Heaven when we die.  Salvation is what we have as a result of what Jesus accomplished when He died on the cross.  Jesus purchased our Healing, Wholeness, Peace, Preservation, Protection and Deliverance.   We receive these by faith now!

I am happy for the reminder that nothing is too great or too big for God.  India, though a long journey, is just another destination and God will take care of my husband while he is traveling.  I will keep my faith and trust in God and His love for us.   I will be covering my husband in prayer, trusting that the angels have been given charge over him to keep him (safe and sound) in all his ways.  He’s (the Lord's) got this!

  “If you’ll hold on to me for dear life,” says God, “I’ll get you out of any trouble.  I’ll give you the best of care if you’ll only get to know and trust me.  Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times; I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party.  I’ll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!”
Psalm 91:14-16  The Message

Blessings!  Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment